Avoiding the "Evil Chimney"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhone

Minister of Fire
Nov 21, 2005
I'm glad ajthatch popped in that question about his downdraft issue, and tradergo linking in the situation that creates the "evil chimney" which he posted here.

I was thinking about putting in either the Lopi answer convection wood stove, or the Hearthstone Tribute into my basement (700 sq ft). The lopi answer because I only want to use it on occasion it'll provide the convection that I like, quickly heat, and inexpensive or the Tribute because it's gorgeous year round and it'll be in a high-profile place. There's a possibility of creating the "evil chimney" because I have to go out my foundation and have the flue run up the side of my house and to the top using insulated liner.

Do you think outside combustion air, which both are capable of, will prevent the evil chimney?

Status
Not open for further replies.