baffle removal hearthstone homestead

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdrcr56

Hearth Supporter
Sep 8, 2006
Can anyone tell me how to remove the air tubes and baffle in a hearthstone homestead? I was looking at it and the baffle seems fragile. What I'm trying to do is clean the stove pipe down into the stove so I dont have to pull apart the double wall in the house. Thanks alot.

It's a real pita. I tried with my old Homestead but gave up. First you have to remove the cotter pins from the tubes and remove the tubes. There may be some cement holding the baffle in place you'll have to break free so be careful, it is very fragile, that's when I gave up and vacuumed it out from the rear exhaust collar.

I saw the cotter pin on the one side but there's a piece of flat plate that looks like it is mounted into slots in the air tubes. my question is how is that plate held in place?

Well I finally got around to sweeping the chimney. Swept down into the stove and removed the front air tube and laid the deflector down flat, reduced my shop vac hose down to 3/4 clear tubing and fished it up above the baffle. This worked well and took only 45 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.