Baffle system for Blaze King KTJ 302?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stovequest

Apr 26, 2021
USA
Has anyone added a baffle system to an older stove?

I have a Blaze King KTJ 302 and looking at the positioning of the steel channels for the blower passages I could very easily set an angled Baffle up there. Just not finding much info on baffle design. My concern is if I place the heat to close to the front door and cause issues.

PXL_20210109_023016366~2.jpgPXL_20211217_234438416.jpgPXL_20211217_234444670.jpg

Mine has the smoke shelf it slides down when you open the door to load wood. Once you close the door it gets lifted up.

Why not try taking a flat piece of steel and some fire bricks so you can play around with the heights and see which way optimizes performance, also get stove top thermometer to monitor temps along the way.

CAUTION; YOU CAN CHANGE REQUIRED CLEARANCES BY ELEVATING TEMPERATURES IN SPECIFIC AREAS OF THE STOVE.

Reactions: moresnow