Basement Install: Looking for advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your service Muck.
It sounds like you will be ok for wood if this is just for occasional use this year. Were you able to get a couple bake in fires done after the stove installation? I noticed that the stove flue collar was sealed with what looks like RTV. That is not going to stand up to the high heat there and it may stink a bit as it bakes. Normally that area is sealed with a little furnace cement.

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
You're welcome begreen, happy to serve. yes, i did use RTV and the stove has been previously used, so the bake in fires shouldn't be an issue except for the RTV. maybe i will replace the RTV with a little furnace cement after my first cleaning. The double sided fireplace gives great access to the back side..

Status
Not open for further replies.