It's been two weeks of drying the "green" red oak, so here's what I found. Six 4" splits brought the stove to 500* in about 35 minutes(from coals at 300*). The wood was not hissing or spitting. The heat was moderate and the secondaries were strong until I tried to choke down about 75%. I returned to 50% air and let the fire cruise. I took one of the splits and took a moisture reading...15% on the outside. After splitting, 25% was measured inside. Overall, not too bad for only two weeks and it does correlate to the stoves mediocre performance. Another two weeks could get the wood down to 20% moisture; however, it is extremely unpracticle. I am somewhat impressed that the moisture content would drop that quickly in just two weeks time.