Bay Front Wood Burning Fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purplewillys

Jan 12, 2008
Oregon
I am trying to find a bay front zero clearance fireplace for a new construction home. The only one found at this time if the RSF Delta. Are you aware of any other brands that manufacture this style fireplace?

Thanks, RAY

The RSF is one of a kind. I have been looking into zc woodburning fireplaces for about 6 months now. That RSF is the only one I have seen with the bay front.

If you are looking at Pellet burning at all there are some Quad inserts that can be installed a built in. Other than that all the bay wood fireplaces I know of are inserts.

We put a Delta in our new construction home three years ago and use it extensively (10 cords per year). It throws a ton of heat and can almost heat our 5000 sq ft house in Maine. 24" logs are great as well. Only issues I have had with it is the flame baffle on the top of the fire box needs to be replaced 1 -2 times per year and the front air pipe once per year. This is due to the heat warping the steel into a curve instead of maintaining its straight shape. RSF has replaced these at no charge to me. I am sure if I used like a normal person for ambiance and back heat only rather than primary heat I would have no issues with it

The front glass broke on the first fire as well but was replaced as well with no further issues. A pet peeve is no ash pan which means I have scoop hot coals along with ashes out of the stove but I knew that going into it

The only other issue was self induced as the door is so long on its swing open that a standard hearth stone width is not wide enough to catch all of the ashes and coals that can be on the door lid allowing then to fall onto the hardwood floor instead of the stone hearth. You need a very large hearth to catch all of those coals

I am looking into either the RSF Delta or RSF Topaz to install in our new home construction. I like the Topaz because of the hideaway door but feel the fire view is small, the Delta has a larger view but am wondering if the glass gets black easily. I presently have a Jotul insert, works great but unless I clean the glass door daily you barely see the fire. Any info on either of these RSF would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.