been a busy week

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
Well i had quite a busy week. got a lot of wood this week. and still have more to get from i 2 people i know. one im getting about 5 cord of oak and another another 2 or 3 at least. the word of mouth with collecting is going awesome. i think my oak pile will be close to 15 cord. not sure yet though will find out when i start selling it. i pushed the top over to make more room so its a thick pile and growing rappidly

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 261
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 278
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 256
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 251
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 261
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 261
That dump bed almost makes unloading too easy. Nice stack of wood.

chvymn99 said:
That dump bed almost makes unloading too easy. Nice stack of wood.
theres nothing better than getting it loaded and saying oh thank god when i get home i dont have to unload this.

all that wood looks great. Whats the going rate for a cord in your area?

oak is bout 225 seasoned. then between 190 to 200 green. maple and mixed hardwoods about 160 to 180 green. and 200 seasoned.

You are crankin. Loading Oak in the recent heat must be keeping you lean.

That is fantastic. I'd surely be tempted to keep all of that!

+1 super nice. love that dumper. hope it doesnt shoot too much of the summer.

SolarAndWood said:
You are crankin. Loading Oak in the recent heat must be keeping you lean.
Lean and strong. i love how great of shape i am in from workin on the wood. makes me feel good. heres a pic of the the little one out ready to work

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 211
Backwoods Savage said:
That is fantastic. I'd surely be tempted to keep all of that!
Dennis i hear ya. its some really nice oak. it'll be sad to see it go until i get the money in my hand then ill be fine. lol. i have a nice stash of at least 7 or 8 cord of oak for myself though so it wont be to sad.

10 cord pile is 20x20 and the center of the pile around 9 foot high.

smokinjay said:
10 cord pile is 20x20 and the center of the pile around 9 foot high.
good to know

Status
Not open for further replies.