Been felling trees today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
got the link to the blizzard warning up now.

This does sound interesting. Snow, this early? Here the wind is pretty strong. The wind doesn't give me any problems with burning. If I had a fear of the chimney being blown away I would take precaution though. My daughter was teaching 3rd grade at a school today when one of the windows broke. A power line blew off and whipped around and smacked the glass and it smashed. Now they're thinking of closing schools tomorrow, or at least delaying them. This morning I noticed the radar showing snow south of here, never heard if it hit the ground. Fire is keeping the house nice and toasty but the family is already complaining the air too dry. I'm going to have a humidifier installed on the furnance this year, I'm tired of the complaining.

Good advice from Dennis again. Keep a small fire going, then if you need to put it out....... Looks like you guys are going to get more snow and we have had none way up here. Strange. It was a while ago now we had a morning when I got up and it was 26 degrees. Since then everything from 40's to 70's. How are things now Corey?

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Just don't fill the stove then and you should be okay. Good luck. How much snow has fallen now and what is predicted?
Wonder if Corey lost his power Backwoods ? was wondering the same question you asked. Hope all is well for the guy.

EDIT: computer was not showing his messages till now, glad everything is good Corey!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Cut down 5 trees on my land today and got them ready to be split got 3 popplers 1 hickory 1 red oak down all were big except for 2.

Edit. They were a hazard to property.

I like the They were a hazard to property. Next time someone asks me "why did you cut that tree down"? , I'm gonna say property hazard, had to cut it.

Were they dead?

Still snowing heavy outside 32.

Six inches on ground power and internet is on and off.

Last night was bad a tree fell up above house wind was howling.

After the snow melts i will start on splitting and stacking got to repair some things first.

I posted more pics of damage in the Sandy thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.