Beg for wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fifelaker

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2011
NW Mi
Stopped on my way back from the post office about a block from my house a tree service was cutting some oak. I have to get it out today looks to be about 1/2 cord with more on the ground tomorrow if I'm a good boy and take what they left me today. I really should think about this awhile. OK I thought about it I'm off like a prom dress. The owner is also coming to my house later to price out a couple of dead oaks (oak wilt) I don't want to drop (I'm CHICKEN) there is about 4-5 cords in these old oaks. Very sad to see them go but good heat for the next couple of years.

many of my neighbors complain about oak wilt, I smile and say its natures way we just have to go along, then ask for the wood :>)

If you can make that wood go away overnight I think it'll encourage the tree service to call you next time. Those guys have a lot of wood to give away, but can't afford to leave the job wondering if you're going to show up or not.

Wood Duck said:
If you can make that wood go away overnight I think it'll encourage the tree service to call you next time. Those guys have a lot of wood to give away, but can't afford to leave the job wondering if you're going to show up or not.
I hope what you say comes true. It's all gone from their yard and into mine 3 trailers about a cord. I hope as much tomorrow :)

Hard work, but worth it.
Sounds like you're on your way to becoming their "go to guy".
Hope you have the space, you may have "the ultimate wood source".
Good job,
Great job, if we had pictures :)

Ya better hope ya aint gotta move a cord of Oak every night!

As requested, the Chicken right before the prom dress came off . . .
Chicken-dressed-for-dinner-No-not-me.jpg

Yep, I know you'll delete it. Ya seem to take pleasure in it lately. Knock yerself out :smirk:

Fifelaker, good for you for getting that wood. Good luck with those old oaks too.

jcjohnston said:
many of my neighbors complain about oak wilt, I smile and say its natures way we just have to go along, then ask for the wood :>)

LOL.....shameless

Fifelaker said:
No I saved it that is funny. But I'm not sure what I've deleted lately?

LOL, not you, Dude, yer Golden!

Back sore today from yesterday's wood? Ya may find this hard to believe, but you may find yourself begging them to NOT drop off any more wood if this keeps up! :wow:

Ah got ya couldn't think of what i deleted. As for my back it didn't hurt any more than usual, damn thing hurts all the time. If I would have known I was going to live this long I would have taken a LOT better care of it years ago. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.