Best chainsaw for me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clownfish99 said:
Well, today I bought a Stihl!

MS290 Compared to the electric . . . night and day. It's wicked fast! Only got to play with it for 20 minutes before it got dark. I wanted a 260 or 270, but the store near me only carried a 180, 250, 290 and some other 390 or something saw. The 250 was lighter, but I didn't want to be looking again in another year or two. Who can really know, but the 290 was only another 35 bucks. I'm hoping that maintenance and such would eat up the saw speed time I save.

Still working out a few things like starting the engine properly, etc. Just not used to a pull is all.

Thanks for the advice.

Good choice. That saw will easily handle what you're asking of it, and probably a goodly bit more, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.