best Englander refurb??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenstogie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2012
Albany (ish)
If you check out amfmenergy.com (?) Refurb units, what is the best one there?
Here is my criteria for "best".....

Reliability

Bigger hopper

Less cleaning ( of course all pellet stoves/venting need proper maintenance! )

Heat output

Ease of repairs/simple design

I would really like Mike's feedback especially :)
I have a couple 25 pdvc's and love them but they are a smaller unit.

Many thanks!!!!!

I will most likely use pellets but having the ability to burn other fuel has no down side as far as I can tell.

I guess purely based on your criteria, maybe the TRPAH....big hopper but only burns pellets....unless you like the look of the TRPIP....big hopper too......the CPM is the only mulit fuel unit and I'm not sure of the hopper capacity but I think it might just fit a bag (50lbs.) or so. All Englanders seem to be pretty easy to work on so I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. But maybe in your case you might want to consider the first two? Just $.02.

Last edited:
I guess purely based on your criteria, maybe the TRPAH....big hopper but only burns pellets....unless you like the look of the TRPIP....big hopper too......the CPM is the only mulit fuel unit and I'm not sure of the hopper capacity but I think it might just fit a bag (50lbs.) or so. All Englanders seem to be pretty easy to work on so I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. But maybe in your case you might want to consider the first two? Just $.02.
The cpm can a hold 40 lb bag, plus a little bit more if you push the pellets all the way out to the sides by hand.

The cpm can a hold 40 lb bag, plus a little bit more if you push the pellets all the way out to the sides by hand.
Although I've only burnt my 55-TRPAH one night, I can say it worked. LOL! I did, however, have a great experience with AMFM Energy. Andy & Mike were great to work with. Hell, Mike burns a 55-TRPAH stove. It holds 120 lbs & has great support team if ya need it. I previously had a Thelin Gnome for 8 yrs. I can't wait to dial in my new stove, although not as pretty, it is a big beautiful box that holds more fuel & has more features.

For the best heating and efficiency? The PAH or EP. If you want pretty? Then the EP. If you want Utilitarian? Then the PAH.

i dunno guys, the "best refurb" may be the one im sending to Kyle busch's nationwide team's crew chief this week. <shameless plug> hoping i get a hat out of it. i spent almost 2 days on it (ain't no way im letting some nascar puke pick me apart ;) BTW Dale Jr. has one of my CPM units in his house, as does Morgan Shepherd(great guy , i chatted with him about stoves and cars for almost 2 hours last winter)

BTW all you "Mainers" Mardens just bought 2 truckloads of refurbs from us (most are mine) they should be on their sales floor next week or two PDVC's PDV's EP's and PAH's.

no im not selling , already made my money on them and i don't have any more for that chain left (have to keep andy stocked) so when they're gone, they're gone just dropping a "heads up" for anyone looking for one. have no idea what mardens is going to ask for them BTW, but they are solid units

Uh I used to get a lot of speeding tickets. ;em And am my own crew chief. And think one of the EPi inserts would look real nice in my fireplace.

Uh I used to get a lot of speeding tickets. ;em And am my own crew chief. And think one of the EPi inserts would look real nice in my fireplace.

BB it may take weeks for me to get one done for you :mad:, but i'll do one. you know me , "mr ill take that challenge"

i'd offer to build one for webbie , but he already gave me a hat ;lol

BB it may take weeks for me to get one done for you :mad:, but i'll do one. you know me , "mr ill take that challenge"

i'd offer to build one for webbie , but he already gave me a hat ;lol

I'm gonna have to wait a while but I think I see one in my future in a year or two.

Reactions: DexterDay
i dunno guys, the "best refurb" may be the one im sending to Kyle busch's nationwide team's crew chief this week. <shameless plug> hoping i get a hat out of it. i spent almost 2 days on it (ain't no way im letting some nascar puke pick me apart ;) BTW Dale Jr. has one of my CPM units in his house, as does Morgan Shepherd(great guy , i chatted with him about stoves and cars for almost 2 hours last winter)

BTW all you "Mainers" Mardens just bought 2 truckloads of refurbs from us (most are mine) they should be on their sales floor next week or two PDVC's PDV's EP's and PAH's.

no im not selling , already made my money on them and i don't have any more for that chain left (have to keep andy stocked) so when they're gone, they're gone just dropping a "heads up" for anyone looking for one. have no idea what mardens is going to ask for them BTW, but they are solid units

I should a bought it, when I saw it, at Mardens.

Seriously I was in one of the Mardens Friday and was talking to a couple looking at ESW stoves. I told them to visit here and that England's senior tech guy was a member and helps people with their problems.

Reactions: DexterDay
I should a bought it, when I saw it, at Mardens.

Seriously I was in one of the Mardens Friday and was talking to a couple looking at ESW stoves. I told them to visit here and that England's senior tech guy was a member and helps people with their problems.

thanks smoky, if ya know em, send em to me, i'll be me(as you know)

Well I have narowed it down to the IP or the AH and I really like the look of the look of the IP.

Are there pix somewhere of those? I didntt see any on the englander website.

Also if igot an IP would I need a different adapter from from the exhaust blower to my venting? I have a 25 PDVC set up now.

Whoops...should read before I post...thought you were referring to the EP....doh!

Last edited:
Are there pix somewhere of those? I didntt see any on the englander website.

http://www.englandsstoveworks.com/25-ip.html

25iplg.jpg

441ecf99-2b80-4e05-81e9-da255598717f_300.jpg

I don't know about cha'all but I lkke the cleaner l lines of the top version. I assume functionally they are the same???? Any benefit of one over the other except for aesthetics?

I don't know about cha'all but I lkke the cleaner l lines of the top version. I assume functionally they are the same???? Any benefit of one over the other except for aesthetics?

the "cabinet" is strictly for looks, there is no performance difference at all

Thanks for the replies all . Especially Mike. Also if the other exterior is an option maybe some pix of it on the englander website would help promote it. If they are there and I missdd them well just disregard. .... and I promise I will always ne more diligent in my internet searching ( for at least 10 mins anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.