best Englander refurb??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other one, the IPS, is on the Home Depot site now. $1,999.

The other one, the IPS, is on the Home Depot site now. $1,999.

the "IPS " is the "squared off unit. its actually a "hex shape" the corners are chopped on a 45 to give the shape to it. the internal hull of the stove is exactly identical.

one of the nice features of this stove is accessibility, the sides as well as the front are hinged so they swing out for easy access to the components. no need to take off a "cover" to clean a room fan screen , just swing open the side of the stove. they are held by magnets so no tools are needed to access any part of the stove

The PDV is toast. ;lol

If there is increased accessibility my vote woukd swing in that direction ........that is if the choice is available.

I just noticed Mikes avatar..... hes an old Army Soldier. 20+ yrs for me working on CW3 now. Nice.

Well it's looking HIGHLY likely the IP will be ordered soon!

I put my 25 pdvc up for sale to help with costs and got ALOT of responses. A guy is coming tommorow with pick up so I am hoping its sold. Once I hsve cash in hand I am hitting the go button.

Reactions: DexterDay
I just noticed Mikes avatar..... hes an old Army Soldier. 20+ yrs for me working on CW3 now. Nice.

dang Ken, you just saw that?

you an aviator? i've flown with the absolute best even before i was a member of the Nightstalkers, my body don't miss it, but my mind and spirit certainly do.

keep doing what you do "Chief" take care of our troops, they'll take care of you! god bless, NSDQ

I saw it before but never looked at it. I am not an Aviator but a technical Warrant officer, didn't mean to misrepresent. I do know quite a few aviators mostly BlackHawk pilots. They even have taken me up in the bird afew times. Slowly turning grey LOL. 10 more years and I should be retiring but hell I could put another 18 if I was so inclined and they let me. That'd give me (gulp) 38 years in.

I saw it before but never looked at it. I am not an Aviator but a technical Warrant officer, didn't mean to misrepresent. I do know quite a few aviators mostly BlackHawk pilots. They even have taken me up in the bird afew times. Slowly turning grey LOL. 10 more years and I should be retiring but hell I could put another 18 if I was so inclined and they let me. That'd give me (gulp) 38 years in.

no biggie Ken, i did know CWO's who werent aviators , just was guessing since my avatar is from an aviation unit you might have been in the field. ive actually worked under more WO's than regular commissioned officers.

no biggie Ken, i did know CWO's who werent aviators , just was guessing since my avatar is from an aviation unit you might have been in the field. ive actually worked under more WO's than regular commissioned officers.
I would much rather work with CWO's than O grades. Less politics IMHO. I have worked with both. ;)

I would much rather work with CWO's than O grades. Less politics IMHO. I have worked with both. ;)

LOL, i get ya

quick story,

when i was in germany in 86 there was a guy who was in my company who i knew as a PFC, he was leaving there about the same time i did, while i was in Korea later he came to my unit as a brand new WO1, he was assigned to be the new OIC of the arms room (i was the unit armorer)
needless to say , i had quite a bit of support from my OIC

Nice! I would never go O grade and Warrants fine but some of the most fun was when I was a regular enlisted guy. Thouh I could tellya afew stories about when I was going to school with all the ROTC grads as a WO1, which in my particular corps is 50 % female...... but I won't to protect the innocent. LOL

BTW I did sell my pellet stove so I am go for the new stove and if the IPS wih that super easy access is available that's the one. :)

Hey Mike,
Congrats to you guys....I just noticed the Enganders with Tractor Supply.

Hey Mike,
Congrats to you guys....I just noticed the Enganders with Tractor Supply.

hmm, news to me , but then im not in the sales side of the company. TSC had in the past carried our stuff as stock items, and since then they have always been able to order units from us if they wanted to. so they may still be active on our "dealer listing" on our website

Oops....Must have had a brain fart while typing.. should have said Northern Tool

Sorry

Attachments

• 40913_lg.gif
    40913_lg.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 97
The only pellets stoves I've seen at Northern Tool (online) are US Stove, PelPro, Drolet, and some HHTs lately.....I figured Englanders standards were higher than Northern.....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.