Best pallets for firewood ever.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
These plastic pallets are the best thing I've ever found for long term firewood stacking. 52 in X 42 in 6 inches tall,very porous great air circulation,will withstand 2200 lbs a pallet. a bit pricey but who cares,$8 apiece. I'm sold.Cover stacks with 20 mil pond liner and it gets no better,unless you build a fancy shed.
pallet.jpg

$8 a piece for long lasting plastic doesn't seem pricey to me. Nice pickup! Where did you source those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeffm1
$8 a piece for long lasting plastic doesn't seem pricey to me. Nice pickup! Where did you source those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Craigslist northeast Ohio a farmer gets them from a company that ships raw rubber on them,again they're rated for 2200lbs,very light weight,can't say i'm not happy picked up 15 to start.

I've got a bunch of those, a junk yard had them & were getting rid of them for $3/ea. They do work very good for wood - I absolutely hate dealing with rotting wood pallets & the mess they leave behind. I cabbaged up some sides for them, so I can move them around with a FLE.

Only thing better would be cage totes - still haven't managed to find any of those for a semi-reasonable price.

for me, I have an unlimited supply of free ones through our family farm, and currently have 35+ of them waiting to be used. The ones I don't use because they are the wrong size, beaten up, etc; I cut up and burn them during shoulder seasons. The rotten ones I will just throw in the swamp near the house and they will become dirt in no time.

Besides, $8ea and buying enough to stack 55+ cord on would cost a fortune.

My pallet guys were I get scrap wood will give them to you FREE!!!! They can't sell them or even give them away for free

My pallet guys were I get scrap wood will give them to you FREE!!!! They can't sell them or even give them away for free
That's great but some things in life are not free,such as these where I live ,the cost to me is minimal. Now if I lived in Chicago,I'd look for the free ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.