Best thing to do if stove is to hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

md2002

Feeling the Heat
Oct 18, 2011
United States
This may be a dumb question but our pellet stove is in the living room and the heat has a hard time leaving the living room so it gets pretty hot in there. I know it defeats the purpose of a pellet stove but sometimes it gets too hot and I want to ease up a little. (This has happened since we started burning Vermont pellets). The room sometimes gets up to 79/80 degrees.

In the past I just turned the setting down from 3 to 2 but I've been reading and it seems to get less heat out of the stove I should be turning down the feed rate? Is this what I should do, cut down on the feed rate for a few hours to bring the temp down?

I'm also asking because I'm not sure if it's something I should be doing. Messing with the feed rate for a couple of hours at a time.

The higher the feed rate the hotter the room
Play with the feed rate until you find one that holds the room
at the temp. you want . Just remember the colder it is outside the more heat you will need
so you will have to ramp up the feed rate

Thank you, that was my understanding but I wanted to double check. I'll play with it a little bit.