best way to sharpen a chain saw?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For 35 years or so, I've found Granberg's file guide to be the simplest way to keep precise razor edges on LP-3/8" and std 38" chain. Minimal metal removal.
Very simple to set and hold angles, and set depth-gauges. Clamps on bar and separately clamps chain to avoid wobbling while filing.
Never had a chain that wouldn't cut straight, with nice BIG chips.
I've tried the electrically-powered grinders with the ~3/16" diam stones. No thanks.

That looks very good does it put the same angle as factory? I do not like doing it with a file because it does not seem to stay as sharp for me with a round file. I will have to check that out if it can put the factory angle on it.

BigV said:
I purchased this electric sharpener a year ago from Harbor Freight and it works great. Easy to set-up and use and the results are almost like using a brand new blade. It�s on sale right now for $39.00

image_2632.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.