Big time Facebook score!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ChadMc

Burning Hunk
Dec 12, 2019
Bucks County PA
I have plenty of wood to cut right behind my house but I guess I just wanted a change in scenery and searched “free firewood” on Facebook market place. Found a post from this morning from a guy 10 mins away. I packed the truck and my 2 young boys and headed over. Super friendly guy with a beautiful property. Not only did he offer the 2 big ash trees that blew down on his driveway he said come back when ever you want! His driveway was about a half mile long and it was a wood burners Dream. Downed ash, oak, maple everywhere. And that’s just what I could see on the driveway. Was a good weekend for firewooding that’s for sure.

Good God what a deal. You have found the number one attribute for good firewood. You can drive your pickup right up to it and don't have to lug the wood 100 feet up a mountain side.

I started in on the ash a year ago and it is great firewood. Easy to split. Thank you, I guess, to the Emerald Ash Borer for destroying all the ash trees in western North Carolina.