BK Ashford 30 update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Wait until you see what we have for the cast stove lovers this Fall!

As for my earlier post, no I am not teasing. We do have in the works a cast iron wood stove, scheduled for late 2012 introduction. "Scheduled" is the operative word.
I spoke with someone at Blaze King this morning, who was very surprised I knew about their new cast stove (Ashford 30, 2.75 cu.ft.). They refuted the reports that it will be available this fall, stating they won't be releasing any info on this stove until their next trade show in March, 2013.

The Ashford designs were changed just over two weeks ago, throwing wrench into the works. No images are available at this time, sorry. As for size, it will be based on the same firebox the Chinook 30 is based upon. Yes it will be steel with cast body.
As for the Ashford 30, our first steel/cast iron wood stove, we are still sourcing suppliers for the castings. Our supplier for past gas product castings has nuked the bridge they had with us and we are on the prowl for a new supplier. Again, all EPA and other approvals are done, we just need production time.

Any updates on the Ashford 30? You have teased us too long! ;)

here is the latest info i have...

Ashford 30
This cast iron stove is based on the Chinook 30 firebox and is a cast on steel construction. The 30 firebox is one of the cleanest stoves on the market with 0.97gms emissions and the Ashford will see the introduction of many unique and sophisticated features.

We will launch the Sirocco 30 and the Ashford 30 at this year’s HPBA EXPO in March.

Reactions: Ashful and Badger
What could they be talking about? I mean really, what more is possible?

The more, great features thing scares me. I've been thinking about upgrading to the ashford when it comes out but if it is going to have a bunch of new technology I guess I will have to pass on it for a couple years. I'm a firm believer in letting the technology prove itself out before I end up with an expensive pile of steel... err cast iron.

Also, new features scream higher price to me. If they are trying to make a $4k stove here, count me out.

I know I'm being paranoid here, but I've been waiting for this for a while.

The BK cat stoves are already full of unique and sophisticated features. Maybe they assume people don't realize this and they will "introduce" this new stove with thermostatic intake air control.

Coming from a non-cat stone stove, the advanced (decades old) technology in the princess is quite enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.