BK princess that expensive?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 2.0 - 2.3 CF is perfect for my situation.

It will be plenty large for you. With a cat stove you want big since you can run them so cool, a larger stove will give longer burn times but the same heat output.

My wife wouldnt have been too crazy about the BK if she saw a picture on the internet so I jbought it first and told her after, told her it was a great deal and I had to jump on it (true story), now she loves the stove, out house has never been warmer in the winter.

Reactions: fox9988
My wife wouldnt have been too crazy about the BK if she saw a picture on the internet so I jbought it first and told her after, told her it was a great deal and I had to jump on it (true story), now she loves the stove, out house has never been warmer in the winter.

We had the Endeavor when I bought the BK, I showed my wife a picture and said it's not the best looking stove she asked if it would work better for us, I told her yes and the rest is history. She has always claimed she didn't/doesn't mind the looks of the BK and just says it's a black stove just like the Endeavor was. Of course the BK running circles around the Lopi doesn't hurt. :)

I paid around a 1/3 of retail around these parts so I can't comment of it being expensive but after burning the stove I would be willing to pay full price for it again if I had too. Deals can be found, I found a dealer remodeling their floor and they darn near gave the stove away, it was a display model that was never burned.

If I relied on an out house, I'd want a BK in mine too!

Haters gonna hate! ;) I wanted the best "heater" I could get and the BK is it. I really think people don't believe just how good these BK stoves burn.

24 hours with ease when it's 30 at night and 50 during the day. :cool:

Ya want furniture or do you want heat?

Reactions: Hiram Maxim
Ya want furniture or do you want heat?

In my case, both! Looks aside, BK is not an option for me, due to overall depth. Only one that would fit is the Sirocco / Chinook 20, which is much smaller than other stoves of similar depth.

In my case, both! Looks aside, BK is not an option for me, due to overall depth. Only one that would fit is the Sirocco / Chinook 20, which is much smaller than other stoves of similar depth.

My guess is the depth is due to the square firebox they use.

The midsize PE's have a square firebox too and are deeper. This is a good thing in my book. I like the flexibility in loading.

The midsize PE's have a square firebox too and are deeper. This is a good thing in my book. I like the flexibility in loading.

Definitely, if you're out in the open. In my case, I'm trying to install into an existing fireplace, and keep it all behind the doors. The original depth of the stone fireplace is 30", but it is currently bricked in to a 27" depth. Waiting on the final chimney prognosis to decide what we're doing with that fireplace, but depth will be a factor either way.

Someone recommended Dutchwest stoves in another thread, and I'm looking into those. Might be a good option for me, even if they are owned by the same company as VC. !!!

edit: Just took some more careful measurements of the fireplace, and found I'd actually have 33" depth with brick lining removed! They used 4" brick and spaced it 2" off the original stone rear wall of the fireplace. woot!

Status
Not open for further replies.