Woodsplitter67 Posted By Woodsplitter67, Feb 11, 2019 at 5:46 AM

1. Woodsplitter67

Woodsplitter67
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 19, 2017
    Loc:
    Woolwich nj
    Got a really nice score of black cherry yesterday. I was at the neighbors yesterday working on that 44 in oak and my friend comes out and takes me to the other side of the property where he had a cherry taken down.. its good size. I have a bunch more of this to grab.. 20190210_173152.jpg 20190210_173158.jpg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Lone_Gun, Dix, Jan Pijpelink and 2 others like this.
  2. Sodbuster

Sodbuster
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 22, 2012
    Loc:
    Michigan
    I love Black Cherry, burns hot and seasons quickly

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. weatherguy

weatherguy
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 20, 2009
    Loc:
    Central Mass
    It does season quickly, I'm burning that right now, leaves too much ash for my taste but have to burn what I got.

Hogwildz likes this.
  4. Dix

Dix
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 27, 2008
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Love cherry. As said, seasones fast, throws a lot of heat.

Nice score !

5. baseroom

baseroom
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2014
    Loc:
    Rochester
    Nice! I'm living on a vein of Black Cherry and Ash right now.

6. Woodsplitter67

Woodsplitter67
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 19, 2017
    Loc:
    Woolwich nj
    I love me some black cherry. It does season fast and i like how it coles. I can dampen it down and just let the stove sit there and simmer. Black cherry was one of my first woods that i ran through my stove

7. Simonkenton

Simonkenton
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 27, 2014
    Loc:
    Marshall NC
    I just got a dump truck load of cherry. It is about 5 Nissan pickup loads of wood. It was split and delivered to my house for $250.

Am looking forward to burning it two years from now. Have it all stacked in my woodshed now.

8. Hogwildz

Hogwildz
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 3, 2006
    Loc:
    Next to nuke plant Berwick, PA.
    Smells good when the door is opened, wayyyyy tooo much ash, medium heat. The only worse ash leaving wood I burned was black walnut. Way too much ash, but gotta warm with what one has.

9. Wood1Dennis

Wood1Dennis
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 17, 2016
    Loc:
    Eastern Wisconsin
    Great score. Love black cherry firewood.
    I burned a lot of it last winter.

10. firefighterjake

firefighterjake
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 22, 2008
    Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Processing black cherry slows me down . . . I keep stopping to sniff the splits. My wife even caught me one day stopping to sniff the wood. I was sniffing away when all of a sudden I hear "What are you doing?"

XmasTreefarmer, JimBear and MAD MARK like this.
  11. kversch

kversch
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 26, 2014
    Loc:
    New York
    Cant wait for next season Ive got about a cord of black cherry/ ash that's been seasoning for 2 years.

12. Stinkpickle

Stinkpickle
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 13, 2015
    Loc:
    Iowa
    I love black cherry. I pick it out and use it more in the smoker, though.

13. Sawset

Sawset
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Feb 14, 2015
    Loc:
    Palmyra, WI
    The cherry looks to be fairly straight grained. Should split easy. It dries down quickly, is medium in wt when dry, minimal bark layer, starts and burns easy, puts out medium heat. It does produce ash, about like silver maple. But I think it's got a lot of fluff, that if allowed to accumulate, will compress to that of others. I burn both silver maple (silver maples can get huge) and cherry at times, and to get some compression going I opt to letting ash accumulate vs cleaning the ash pan.

14. HisTreeNut

HisTreeNut
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 3, 2014
    Loc:
    Burnsville, NC
    Cherry is nice to burn ash or not. Seasons quickly which is a plus. The last cherry I got was free and not sure about you guys, but free wood always burns nice, regardless of the species.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

15. Woodsplitter67

Woodsplitter67
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 19, 2017
    Loc:
    Woolwich nj
    Like this kinda smoker 20190119_113902.jpg this is where all the shorties wined up.. im using oak cherry and hickory

Lone_Gun and Stinkpickle like this.
  16. Stinkpickle

Stinkpickle
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 13, 2015
    Loc:
    Iowa
    Hells yeah!

17. JimBear

JimBear
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 15, 2017
    Loc:
    SW Iowa
    LMAO. Been there & been caught doing that. When passing by with the lawnmower I would sometimes grab a chunk & give it a sniff & toss it back on the pile the next round. The stuff I split in March smelled nice all summer , when the wind was right I could smell it on the breeze at the house.

firefighterjake likes this.