Bladder tank connection height vs air separator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goosegunner

Minister of Fire
Oct 15, 2009
WI
I post a while back about what connections to use on my Bladder tanks with top of tank connections.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/bladder-expansion-tank-connections.132044/#post-1776797

Does the height or elevation of bladder tank connection matter in relation to the height of the air separator?

I would like to elevate the tanks on some shelving to save floor space. Will it matter if the tank connection is higher than the Taco 4900 air separator?

The line going to the bottom of my air separator is at 70" from the floor. I would like to have top of tank closer to the ceiling like about 90' from floor.

Here is the current line height.

expansiontankline.JPG

This shows the 1/2" line to bottom of air separator.

Parallelpump2.jpg

This is the rack that I want to put bladder tanks on but in a high position.

Baddertankrack.JPG

gg

Status
Not open for further replies.