Blaze King Princess Convection Deck?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
Does anyone have a convection deck on their Princess? I picked one up today and I don't think it's made right, I think the fins are welded into the wrong side of the deck. Can anyone take some close up pictures of theirs or measurement the distance on either side of the flue opening from front to back?

Thanks!

Convection Deck, Princess Ultra.

Edit: Excuse the dust.

Attachments

• 2011-09-17_20-50-19_21.jpg
    2011-09-17_20-50-19_21.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 918
This is what I'm dealing with, I'm not sure if I'm missing something or not. The blowers were already installed so I guess they could be wrong although they look right. It looks to me like it needs to be flipped but then the fins are on the inside.

The only other thought I have is the piece of the blower along the top needs to move back some to allow for the convection deck to move back enough to fit. I haven't looked at how that's installed close enough yet.

Attachments

• P9170021.jpg
    P9170021.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 742
  • P9170022.jpg
    P9170022.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 663
  • P9170023.jpg
    P9170023.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 679
  • P9170025.jpg
    P9170025.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 711
  • P9170026.jpg
    P9170026.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 707
It looks like the blowers were the standard blower kit. I think the sheet metal on the top of the blowers is different on the Ultra. It doesn't extend onto the top deck at all.

SolarAndWood said:
It looks like the blowers were the standard blower kit. I think the sheet metal on the top of the blowers is different on the Ultra. It doesn't extend onto the top deck at all.

The princess has rails that mount into the rear piece of the blower so I'm not sure if they can be much different. The Kings deck appears to be different from the pictures I've looked at. I'm thinking the top piece may need to move back, the part number on the stove is for an Ultra? Hmmmm

cmonSTART what does the blower on yours look like from the side shot?

Your blowers appear correct.

I do think your fins are on the wrong side. They should be on the side which measures approx. 1.25" from the hole to the side edge. Doh.

Edit: Turn the deck around. Does it fit that way?

cmonSTART said:
Your blowers appear correct.

I do think your fins are on the wrong side. They should be on the side which measures approx. 1.25" from the hole to the side edge. Doh.

Edit: Turn the deck around. Does it fit that way?

Yep seems to fit perfect that way, I tried that when I first started looking at it and thought " that can't be right the fins should be on the outside" My fins are on the side that is 3/4"! Typical... :lol: I'm hoping to install the stove tomorrow, at least it won't hold up me burning the stove if I need to.

Thanks a bunch for the help!!

Does that deck help with moving the heat from the stove? I have the blowers on my stove, didn't realize they made anything else for it like that deck. I usualyl keep the fans on low since the stove is 3-4ft from my TV and it would be too hard to hear it with the fans at a higher speed.

I know this is old, but does the convection deck with with the blowers to help the hot air travel out further? It seems the blowers on the BK are a bit lacking compared to the Buck I was used to..

Jason

jtb51b said:
I know this is old, but does the convection deck with with the blowers to help the hot air travel out further? It seems the blowers on the BK are a bit lacking compared to the Buck I was used to..

Jason

It gets the air moving... Brings cold air over the hot stove.... instead of the warm air just hovering above the stove and not moving.
I think BKs blowers are 180CFM... pretty normal compared to other stoves.

I have the blowers now, just without the deck.. I was just wondering if the deck would increase the amount of hot air being pushed outwards.. Right now it seems to move air, but not in a concentrated direction if you know what I mean..

Jason

It moves the air but I'm not sure if it's any better than without it. I never really ran the fans before I put the deck on so I'm unsure how much it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.