Blaze King Princess (dumb) question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillsWS

Feeling the Heat
Dec 20, 2011
U.P. Michigan
I have been (phone) shopping for a BK Princess and have a dumb question. Is the Blaze King Princess with pedestal, black door, fan kit, convection deck and rails considered an ultra? Or is the ultra something different? I want to make sure I am comparing apples to apples while asking prices.

BillsWS said:
I have been (phone) shopping for a BK Princess and have a dumb question. Is the Blaze King Princess with pedestal, black door, fan kit, convection deck and rails considered an ultra? Or is the ultra something different? I want to make sure I am comparing apples to apples while asking prices.

I'm pretty sure that is the ultra you are describing: this is from the brochure

Catalytic Models
Ultra
Ultra models feature side
shields and ash drawer,
making them ideal for close
clearance applications. The
optional Convection Deck on
the Princess is standard on the
King model. The taller profile
makes loading wood easier.
Parlor
Parlor models feature shapely
black cast iron legs yielding
an elegant profile. Optional
Gold or Onyx legs are
available. The optional ash
drawer design makes ash
removal easy. Smooth lines
make the Parlor design blend
into home decor.
Classic
The Classic model has been
a favorite since 1977. Like
the Ultra and Parlor models,
choose from either a painted
door or optional gold plated
door. The optional Dual
Jet Air blowers have proven
desirable on all models.

I think that's an ultra+convection deck. I think the convection deck is standard on the king ultra, but not the princess.

The ultra is the stove on a Pedestal with a black door and ash tray.

The deck and fan are extra add ons. I forget the cost of the fan, I want to say in the $200 area. I wouldn't go without it though, helps a ton to move the heat away from the stove.

The deck is about $100. I just put one on my stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.