Blaze King Princess installation...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

drhiii

Oct 15, 2006
Just took delivery of a Blaze King Princess. After years with a simple small tube stove, then last 10+ years with a Napoleon 1400 which worked fairly well (1800sq ft 2 story home), and looking forward to somewhat longer burn times and.. have salivated over a Blaze King for years anyway.

Question on installation. Anyone have advice, ideas, pointers, on through the floor air intake/venting? I’ve scoped out the BKP and have a pretty good idea how installation will go. But thought to ask this saged group if anyone can offer their experience in a few words on through the floor venting/installation of a BKP?

Am stoked for the winter… pun intended.

Enjoy your new toy! You will be amazed. Where about in Co. are you? Beauty part of our country.
Installation pro's will be along soon to advise.

Buy the oak kit for the stove, its seamless design and a clean install. Many people have made raised hearths and laid a 3" metal dryer vent in between the joists and used a dryer vent (remove the one way flap) to the outside, then a simple 90deg pipe and straight up into the oak kit in the back of the stove, obviously paint the 90 and the little metal piece flat black to clean up the look. You wont be disappointed here, the stove sips wood compared to others (when burning low) its very easy to clean / maintain. Buy a telescoping piece of double wall black pipe so that you can easily remove it during cleaning to vacuum the backside of the by-pass and rear of the cat chamber.

Reactions: BKVP
Last edited:
Highbeam posted good details about OAK installation for the Princess when he got his stove. I can't find the original thread, but you can see it peeking out behind the stove in this thread.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/highbeams-blaze-king-ultra-install.90089/#post-1176067

That was the old hearth. I'm much happier with the new setup. Vertical short piece of flex into a rigid duct that drops down into the crawlspace. Thing about that flex is that it can be damaged and it will look horrible if you can't replace it!

Attachments

• IMG_0600.JPG
    IMG_0600.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20150926_165857.jpg
    IMG_20150926_165857.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 143
Enjoy your new toy! You will be amazed. Where about in Co. are you? Beauty part of our country.
Installation pro's will be along soon to advise.

Tx, on the new toy. Am looking forward to fewer loads. Always able to manage that, but the idea of efficiency is very appealing. And having read about Blaze King for years... have been salivating.

tx

That was the old hearth. I'm much happier with the new setup. Vertical short piece of flex into a rigid duct that drops down into the crawlspace. Thing about that flex is that it can be damaged and it will look horrible if you can't replace it!

Ah, tx for this schema. It provides an idea of how I want to come at this. Already have an existing intake vent in the floor, but it is not in the best position. I now have an idea thankx to your posting on how to come at this. Much appreciated, your response.

Reactions: Highbeam
They’re true stories you know