Blaze King Princess vs Quadrafire Millenium 2100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RedRanger said:
For your climate it would be a no-brainer for me. yes, ya gotta replace the cat every 4-5 years,and maybe a bit of a learning curve. but for where you live it is the crem=da-la-cream!!

+1 Go over to the stove rating section here, click on the arrow to the right of the search box, and choose the Blaze King reviews:

https://www.hearth.com/ratings/search.php

When I first heard of the BK, this is what got me excited--there are not a lot of reviews, but many are from Alaskans and Canadians in bitter climates who love their stoves. If you want a workhorse, this is a superior choice.

I too was looking at the Quad as well as the BK. I chose the BK due to the fact that I CAN turn her down and not cook too hard.. I am in alabama and see some very mild days when I just want to ease along and wait for dark to burn.. The BK will do that and be ready to roll at 6pm when the wife gets home and I'm out of town.. To me, that was the selling point I was after. For her to be able to just load up and dial up a heat setting and then load again in the morning and turn it down made the choice very easy for me.. I love the looks of the quad stoves and was VERY close to buying a 3100 step top before getting the BK. I just think for me it worked out well.. Good luck, I think you are headed in the right direction with either stove. I bet you do more than "supplemental heating" when you get either one up and running..

Jason

Lanning said:
I am heating a 1,400 size house with the BK princess insert, the house is a 1931. I try not to fire up the insert until the weather gets down to 30 degrees because it does gets to hot for me. From 30 degrees down it works great, if it gets to hot you just turn it down. Last night 10 degrees, I loaded it up around 5 pm and it was warm in the house all night. In the morning 5 am it was still heating the house at 68 degrees but needs to be reloaded. I will not reload unitil I get home tonight at 6p, should be enough coals to get a small load started.
same schedule im on now that its colder. before when warmer and crap wood every second day i'd load once. the stove is just incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.