Blaze king thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohiojoe13

Feeling the Heat
Dec 22, 2014
alliance ohio
Hello I have a blaze king Ashford 30.1 and im looking for a cat active/inactive thermometer. Do they make an aftermarket one or is this something I have to get from my dealer? Thanks.

Reactions: ohiojoe13
On my princess I replaced the broken BK meter with a numbered meter from Condar. I can't say for certain if the 30 box meter is different but I really like the condar replacement. Was only about 30$ as I recall and I consider it an upgrade.

My old BK meter failed by the spring breaking right where it is clamped by the bolt/nut stack.

On my princess I replaced the broken BK meter with a numbered meter from Condar. I can't say for certain if the 30 box meter is different but I really like the condar replacement. Was only about 30$ as I recall and I consider it an upgrade.

My old BK meter failed by the spring breaking right where it is clamped by the bolt/nut stack.
What one does it take, Condar didn't know.

measure the stem on your old one . I know the ashford is longer than the princess

measure the stem on your old one . I know the ashford is longer than the princess
It was all about stem length and dial diameter. When I bought it the condar website said it was for blaze king stoves. It doesn’t have any product numbers on it. Here’s a pic.

Stove is cold. It’s consistently gone back to this point at rest. Unlike the less good oem meter that I had to recalibrate. There’s a good chance that condar makes the oem one but I don’t know. I just like the condar one much better. The probe meter in my pipe has been exceedingly durable as well.

image.jpg

Last edited:
seems as though when I bought mine they ask for a stem length, I had to pull the factory ones out and measure the stem

Highbeam ILL measure the one in my princess when I go out in the shop later, for some reason 2 inches sticks in my mind. The Ashford is longer because it has to go through the cast panel before it gets to the area where the cat is

Highbeam ILL measure the one in my princess when I go out in the shop later, for some reason 2 inches sticks in my mind. The Ashford is longer because it has to go through the cast panel before it gets to the area where the cat is
I figured ohlongarm had the original to measure and since he’s on a king I didn’t want to assume the princess used the same stem length even though I think it probably does.

I am confident there are at least two different lengths of BK thermometer probe. As long as your new probe is about the right length you should be OK. Ask the seller where to measure your old probe from to tip.