blow torch - left outside int he cold in plastic water resistant bin?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

micaaronfl

Dec 5, 2010
pennsylvania
hey guys

can u leave a blow torch connected to the propane outside in a plastic bin in the freezing cold? i just brought one to light my fireplace and i dont want it in the house for several reasons if i can avoid it.

i brought a benzermatic 3000

I keep mine in the house no big deal. They have gas heat in houses.

lol they have gas heated houses!

i was more asking because my kids find news ways to destroy things. i especially dont want them getting their hands on something like that.

I think it will be fine outside. I was thnking you were worried about gas in the house. I use a blow torch to light my stove. That and waxed cardboard
works great.

I have one of those butane fireplace lighters that I use. When it was 10 degrees in the cabin last month, I couldn't get the thing to light. When it warmed up it worked fine. If your blowtorch is propane, it may not have the same problem. One night outside will let you find out...

Status
Not open for further replies.