Blower turns off and on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tnt4him

Mar 3, 2018
Beaverton Oregon
During the cool down the blower will turn off for a moment and then back on several times. Returns to normal operation when it fires back up. 2006 Qudrafire santa fe. Not sure what it is. Any ideas?

During the cool down the blower will turn off for a moment and then back on several times. Returns to normal operation when it fires back up. 2006 Qudrafire santa fe. Not sure what it is. Any ideas?
Sounds like the thermal switch is operating right at it's threshold temp -not sure if the off/on cycling is normal for your make and model of stove.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

What he said
try cleaning the switch
ash is a great insulator
Cools off = fan off
heats up from heat still in stove =fan on

Reactions: tlc1976
What he said
try cleaning the switch
ash is a great insulator
Cools off = fan off
heats up from heat still in stove =fan on
In my two Regency Inserts, the thermal switch is mounted externally, and not exposed to ash, but definitely to dust, which could effect proper operation. It's also possible the thermal switch is defective, and on it's way out. These are generally dirt cheap to replace when necessary.

Avianmanor

My 6039 HF does it on occasion on shutdown. I ignore it.

When mine starts doing that, it means it’s wearing out. Cleaning it more frequently gets more life out of it.

FYI: it turned out to be dirty contacts on the control module pins. Cleanded them and it works like new.