Blue Forge Blowout

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Johnson

Mod Emeritus
Nov 18, 2005
Central NYS
Blue Forge gasification boilers were on the market briefly a few years ago, but from what I gather, the manufacturer suspended shipping and sales until a design problem could be addressed and a fix implemented. I've only seen one on static display at a trade show, but it looks something like a mini-Garn without the storage. They can be set up inside or outside. I know there has been some interest in this boiler since it was introduced. I have talked to one owner who seemed pretty happy with his. He's a dairy farmer and burns hay bales at least part of the time.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, Dave at Cozy Heat tells me that he has one new and one slightly used Blue Forge boilers for sale at a steep discount. Apparently one has been modified to address the cracking refractory problem, while the other one qualifies for a free upgrade from the mfg., who is apparently still honoring warranties. Contact [email protected] for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.