Blue Max log splitter 20 ton 6.5 HP $999

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schwaggly

Burning Hunk
Sep 23, 2009
n.shore ma
So I went to the homedepot in seabrook NH to save 6.25% sales tax. I was planning on getting a yardmachine 25 ton but they were out.
All the had was a Blue Max log splitter 20 ton 6.5 HP unassembled and no fluids for $999 so I said WTH why not. It took them
longer to load it than it did for me to assemble it. I got a quart of 10w30 and 2 gallons of hydro and away we went. I just split some
absolute monster pieces of oak in no time at all. I have no idea what the cycle time is or GPM or whatever all I do know is this thing
splits like a beast and didn't break the bank. Pics later. They have one left in stock with bird crap on the box, I made them get me the
bottom one sans poop.

I better get some pics soon as I'm down to 2 big pieces left to split. I'm happy with the purchase it runs fast and strong plus there was no poop on the box.

splitting a 19" round, splitting a knotty piece, its in my POS rubbermade shed for now. I know the tall piece looks inproperly loaded but it's just the angle and a wierd split off.

Attachments

• split1.jpg
    split1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,909
  • split2.jpg
    split2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,937
LOL at the shiny new splitter wedged into the (empty ? ) rubbermaid.
Lawnmower out in the cold ?

I hope no birds can get in there.

:)

it's now living in my buddies garage. the rubbermade was too leaky.

This post was a while ago, but I'm hoping if you can tell me if you are still liking the splitter? My buddy and I are interested and he is a hd employee and can get us a good deal. Could you please give me a review after owning it for a couple years? Thanks!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.