Book Recomendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
A book that I read in the late 70's was largely responsible for my interest in solar, wood and other alternative energy. I remember the cover name as being "The Energy Primer", but a search online shows the probably book as being:

http://tinyurl.com/gbvqz

The information in this book is a relevant today as it was then. It has some great introductions to the entire energy cycle, for instance it charts the production of food and shows how many foods take 5 to 10X as much energy (in calories) to produce than what they provide!

Highly recomended if you can find a used copy. I ordered one from Abes books but they cancelled the order because they did not have it in stock.

Note - there is a newer book with the name Fueling the Future, which looks good, but is not the same:
New Book Link Here

As I remember, the original book was large format paperback and had a dark blue cover.

I'll order one used through Amazon and see if it's the correct. one.

Status
Not open for further replies.