Bosca Spirit 500 Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gymrat0663

Feb 2, 2012
South Central Pennsylvania
I've read the entire manual and have checked online, but have been unable to find out how to open the side panels on this stove.

Any owners out there who can give me some guidance?

Thanks!

Steve

gymrat0663 said:
I've read the entire manual and have checked online, but have been unable to find out how to open the side panels on this stove.

Any owners out there who can give me some guidance?

Thanks!

Steve

I do not own a Bosca stove but from looking at the manual it looks like the side panels are hinged on the back side. The exploded diagram shows this. You have probably already noticed. I have included a link below that talks about Bosca stoves. I thought perhaps that if you don’t get a reply you could PM one of the Spirit owners.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/63078/P0/

Steve,
If you open the hopper there should be two screws or bolts in the front corners. Take those out.
There is also a bolt or screw that is just below the ash bin door on both sides. Once those are out it should swing open.

Brad

One Voice said:
Steve,
If you open the hopper there should be two screws or bolts in the front corners. Take those out.
There is also a bolt or screw that is just below the ash bin door on both sides. Once those are out it should swing open.

Brad

Brad,

Thanks for the info!

Steve

One Voice said:
Steve,

Brad
yes i can verify this it might take alittile pressure to open as they are big and heavy and will have settelled most of its weight on the top tab(be carefull not to drop the locking washer and nut into the hopper and yes i have been there and done that)

Thanks for the heads up Karl!

If there's something to drop, I'll usually do it! But I've been warned! :)

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.