Bought my 1rst ton yesterday!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo-Quad

Feb 3, 2010
Illinois
Bought a ton of OHP Ozark Hardwood Products. Got them at Menards. It's the only thing around here to buy apparently. I guess they are good. It's all I have burned, no choice in the matter until I can find a place that sells something else. This should last until summer anyway barring any extremely lengthy cold snaps. Sure does fill up the spare bedroom, makes the truck squat pretty good too!

Oh yeh......$213 a ton.

Lowes and Home Depot out of Pellets, and do not know if and when. they will be getting any in.
Local feed mill had Lignetics for 229.00 a ton. NW Pennsylvania

Where are you located Turbo-Quad?

I've got a thread here https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/52737/
about purchasing 3 tons delivered. Caught some grief for delivered, but moving
150 bags/17 bags at a time/ 40 miles round trip......for $55. I took it.

I've burned 2 tons of the OHPs this year....absolutely no issues except a little high on ash.
That's what the ash-vac is for. :)

I live near Springfield Illinois. I wasn't sure if the ash the OHP's created was high or normal. It's the only kind I've burned so far. I have read a few other posts on here about them being high in ash but otherwise pretty good. Price seemed right. Had one bag that was bad (had gotten wet). They exchanged it. I had them put the pallet in the bed of the Dodge. 1 trip and it's on the way home from work. I thought about getting more but I think a ton will finish out the winter (I hope) This isn't the first time they have had this sale. I have seen it on sale there before.

opus74 said:
Caught some grief for delivered, but moving

Sorry about that, If it were up to me we would all be pig's. just different levels. No hard feelings?

jtakeman said:
opus74 said:
Caught some grief for delivered, but moving

Sorry about that, If it were up to me we would all be pig's. just different levels. No hard feelings?

Hard feelings? Of course not. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.