Bow saws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlpz

Sep 14, 2006
Syracuse, New York
I had a small tree fall into my yard the other day. We have a couple acres of woods behind our house that is owned by the golf course behind the woods. I hate to say this but I haven't the need for a chainsaw up to now, and don't want to throw down money on a saw. I was thinking of picking up an electric saw, Amazon had a Poulan 400E for 90 bucks. but then I got to thinking I could use a bow saw for cutting up the tree and some other stuff around the yard. I don't want to go out and buy some 10 dollar Chinese made bow saw though. Anybody have some suggestions for buying a decent bow saw (love to find an American made one)? Same question for a maul and/or splitting axe.

You may want to try this web sitehttp://www.baileysonline.com/search.asp?SKW=KW108&catID;Its for loggers and serious wood people. The itms are good quality, not cheap and you seem to get value for you $$

Status
Not open for further replies.