Brand New Hearth Extension...Annnnnnd it's Broken!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Thanks for the kind words! I think it was time well spent. This looks 100x better than the flimsy broken one. I like the angles/sleek look and I can sleep better at night knowing I have up to code protection. My wife will tell you the other one was fine but I think that was largely to get me to not spend more money/time on it lol.

Interesting idea about adding trim. I could easily make something and tack it into the Micore. I think this time I'm going to show restraint though and just leave it as it is. It looks good and I have dozens of other projects that need attention. I think my last bit of OCD on this will be to touch up the corner with the sander and apply more paint when the season is over then we'll call it good. Nobody walks over it so the regular edge should be fine. The only reason to go over there is to tend the fire (which I do 98% of) or to put boots on it to dry out.

Here is the corner in question. It just needs a little love to be perfect. Only a true nitpicker would notice. Also the dog was over here apparently look at all that fur lol:

16137536212468923922592754112293.jpg

Reactions: brenndatomu