Breckwell 24I assistance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mobius

Nov 1, 2011
Woodbridge, VA
Greetings from Northern Virginia.

After 18 years of heating our lower level with a coal insert, we decided to retire the old Gibralter insert because parts are no longer available. My sister and her husband have a free standing Harman pellet stove, which preforms nicely in thier rambler.

As we were considering which insert to purchase, a co-worker of my wife said he had a 10 year old Breckwell insert that he used for only two seasons. He blessed us with insert for the cost of me revoving it from his house.

Well, to make a long story somewhat shorter, I installed the unit as per the owner's manual, plugged the stove and a whole of nothing happened. I checked my power supply, which was fine, I check the power coming into the stove. That was fine. I checked the on/off switch on the analog control panel and no power feed out of the switch in the off position. I jumped the power around the switch and a fan came on, which I guess is the combustion fan, but I am not sure.

I have ordered a digital control panel upgrade kit from the manufacture, dumb I know, but I wasn't sure what to do.

Is there anything else I need to check before installing the new panel?

PS. The insert was extremely clean; however, I cleaned it again per owner's manual.

Thank you for your help.
Rich

Congrats on the new stove, and to the wonderful world of wood pellets....LOL.

The resident Breckwell expert on the forum is a stove shop owner in Ohio by the name of Eric....he runs Kinsman Stoves. He sells and provides parts for them too ....he is also a Certified repair tech.

You could try sending him a PM through the forum (forum name "Kinsman Stoves"), or call him tomorrow.... 330-448-0300

He is a GREAT guy. He also gives hearth.com members discounts on parts (might want to consider canceling that control board after you talk to him).

Status
Not open for further replies.