Breckwell Convection Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Roadstar

Mar 11, 2011
Puyallup, WA
I like to keep a replacement convection blower handy so I don’t have to wait days for a new one when the old one goes out on the coldest days of the year. I’ve been through several over the last 25 years. I recently went looking for a replacement convection blower and noticed the the old style (enclosed motor) is not available anymore. The new style is the exposed motor. I had one of these a few years back and didn’t think much of it. The one I had wasn’t very powerful and didn’t last but three years. I don’t know who made it or where I got it from but it left me a bit cautious on this new style.

So my question is are there any Breckwell users out there that have installed this new style blower on their stove and are happy with it? All my convection blowers have been made by Fasco, except for the one I don’t know about. I found an AMP (After Market Part) Fasco blower cheap. I thought Fasco was an OEM for Breckwell. An OEM blower is not cheap. I’m confused.

Appreciate any insight.

Attachments

• New Blower 02.jpg
    New Blower 02.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 145
  • Old Blower 02.jpg
    Old Blower 02.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 142