Breckwell P2000fs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
When was the last time you cleaned the vent pipe? Does the damper have any affect on the burn?
Maybe the triac on the board is overheating and is going out of its normal stat.
Yes the damper changes the burn alot,If i open it much it will start the burning pellets jumping around in the pot and clear open it can get them popping out of the pot I dont open it more than about 1/4 way on heat 3

You want them to bounce a lil bit thats what keeps the pot clean, but you don’t want half burned pellets popping out. Its a fine line and takes some tweaking.

You want them to bounce a lil bit thats what keeps the pot clean, but you don’t want half burned pellets popping out. Its a fine line and takes some tweaking.
I have to start watching more how they are burning
Ive been setting it so pellets dont buildup too much on each heat setting
If i open it too much on any setting it burns the pellets too fast for the auger feed
Getting just right makes a big difference
Hardest part is explaining this to the wife
Shes still pissed about figuring out why I have two lights on at heat setting 1
And only one light on on the others
If she had her way the pellet stove would be
Out and the old wood burner back in
Seems like this stove screws up soon as I walk out the door for work or something
Shes convinced the pellet gods dont like her

Just an update on the pellet stove,I hooked it back up to my battery backup/voltage stabilizer
and the stove has ran the last 10 days or so not 1 issue until today.
We did some shopping and when we got home the stove was out.
Appears to of just quit feeding pellets but not sure
Stove was due for a good cleaning so I cleaned it out and restarted it, see what happens
I talked to US Stoves back around Nov 22 and they believed then that the issue was the board
and agreed to send me one out under warranty
I haven't received it yet and called to check on delivery, the young lady that I talked to says their policy
is to ship it from 7-10 days from the day its ordered and they hadn't ship it yet so hopefully its coming
Once I get it. Ill switch it out and see how it goes from there

Ok
I finally got the stove running correct
It ended up being a POF switch that was flakey
I noticed the stove only should down after a heat setting change no matter how small
If I would lite the stove and leave it on one setting it would run no problem
If I would turn it up or down most often within an hr it would shut down
This made me think that the switch was having issues so I replaced it with a new one and the stove never
shut down once since then
Just thought I would post this for others to maybe try
I was sure it was a triac on the control board but wasn't the issue
Thanks to all who helped