Breckwell p22 and american harvestor 6039

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cms0553

Jul 19, 2008
Trumbull County, Ohio
Does anyone have any comment about the Breckwell P22 and/or the American Harvestor 6039? I have been shopping around and a local dealer has both in stock. I have 1000 sq ft ranch and am planning on putting a stove in the basement and hopefully providing the majority of the heat for the 1st floor. I'm in north east Ohio.

The American Harvest stove is made by U.S. Stove Company. So do some searching for U.S. Stove Company. We haven't seen many of their pellet stove users around here on the Forum.

Check the Breckwell warranty and see if you can live with it.

I am in N/E Ohio and have P-23's if interested.

Eric
330-876-0200

The 6039 is a multi fuel stove. It does not have automatic ignition. It is a stirrer stove which can create lots of flyash which may be undesirable. It can also be ran without the stirrer. I ran one in the house for over 2 seasons before switching to another stove. Take plenty of time researching. I will give a hint though and you can take this for what it's worth. Buy a stove that has auto ignition and can be hooked to a thermostat. I like a stove with the multi-fuel capability too but I live in a rural corn area and am going to burn wood pellets this year for the most part.

I have owned a p22 insert for about four years. I have to say that it was probably one of the best investments we have ever made. You can burn corn mixed with the pellets, but it has to be two thirds pellets, one third corn. It does get dirtier this way but it does make much more heat. The only thing that I have had any problems with is that I had the dealer hookup a thermostat last year. It never worked. The dealer then told me that I needed a new control panel. The stove works in manual mode just fine. I finally found out just yesterday that the dealer put the wrong thermostat on it. You have to have a 250 or 500 millivolt wall thermostat or purchase the remote thermostat. At the beginning of this, I thought that the remote was too expensive, about $200, but after spending around $200 to try to get the wall thermostat and install it, I should have just purchased the remote. We have a 1200 sq. ft. brick ranch on a cement slab. It heats our house just fine and has saved a lot on gas. I recommend getting the thermostat right away because from what I have been able to find out that it can really save you pellets. Also from experience, if it is early or late in the season, you might wake up in the middle of the night and the tempurature in your house will probably be close to 80!

Thanks for the advice, I did end up getting the P-22 and will be hooking it up in the next couple of weeks. I plan on getting a programable thermostat and am planning on getting whatever one is on sale. Anyone have any thoughts on programable thermostats?
Thanks to everyone, this forum has been a great education for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.