Breckwell P24Fs/P24I won't feed pellets. Please help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jstyles78

Jan 4, 2021
San Jose, Ca
Happy New Year Forum!

I have a problem with my Breckwell P24, it won't feed pellets automatically or manually. What do you think it could be, the auger? Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_6928.MOV
    13.3 MB
i have no video what is the sound?

Almost sounds like the motor is disconnected from the auger

Reactions: Ssyko
Thats what i thought too but it must be while he’s pressing the auger button.

Reactions: johneh
It sounds like the auger motor is turning. If no pellets are falling perhaps the connection between the auger and the motor is not there. There is a clunking sound periodically while the motor is turning. It doesn’t sound like pellets being being crunched. It doesn’t look like any pellets are moving in the hopper but the video isn’t long enough to know for sure. I would scoop out more pellets until you can see the auger. Then see if it moves while you hit the manual feed. If you have an insert take off the exhaust side, side panel. Try and place a mirror in the back of the fire place to where you can see the the auger motor. Hit the manual feed. An extra body and a flash light will help.

Reactions: Ssyko