BRECKWELL P4000 BURN STARTUP ISSUES

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Martin413

Jan 26, 2018
Massachusetts
Hi all, just installed a Breckwell P4000 Classic Cast in my house today. Stove is about 7 years old, got it from my father. He never had any problems with it. A couple times today it would go to start up like normal...pellets drop into the burn pot. But it seems before the igniter can work it’s magic, too many pellets drop into the burn pot and the pellets will not ignite. I open the door and scoop out the majority of the pellets from the burn pot, hit the start button to reset the process, and then it will usually fire up, assuming because there’s not too many pellets in there to clog the fire from lighting. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

Do u have it running on a high heat setting? Maby lower the setting do it will slow the feed rate untill it gets going

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk