Brick Hearth - Basement Concrete Foundation Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Any thoughts on the 36” height behind the stove guys? Thank you in advance
There are so many different variations of that stove i cant keep track of the requirements of them all. What does the manual say about it?

And is yours one that can be run on 6"? If so i would strongly recomend 6" there is no benifit to going with 8 unless you need it.

I get it. We have these debates trailside too. Polaris vs Kawasaki vs can-am or Chevy vs Ford etc. I have no remorse with a Vermont Castings. Not here to debate brand favorites.

Really this post was hearth related. I’ve done research Q n A on stoves chimney size etc. past that.
Its not about favorites, It’s so much more than that, but ok..

Unless the manual says otherwise I’d sure think 36” would be enough. Unless you plan to have your single wall pipe closer than 18”, then the wall protection needs to go all the way up.

Reactions: bholler

Unless the manual says otherwise I’d sure think 36” would be enough. Unless you plan to have your single wall pipe closer than 18”, then the wall protection needs to go all the way up.

Thanks webby3650. Going with the double wall from the collar up definitely.

But at 36 it may not offer enough protection if you measure up at an angle from the stove. But without seeing the manual i cant say

But at 36 it may not offer enough protection if you measure up at an angle from the stove. But without seeing the manual i cant say
True, VC has always had almost unattainable rear clearances without a rear heat shield. A rear heat shield and double wall pipe would solve this issue. Time is money in my opinion.

True, VC has always had almost unattainable rear clearances without a rear heat shield. A rear heat shield and double wall pipe would solve this issue. Time is money in my opinion.
I agree to me the saved work would be well worth the money for the heat sheild