Bring on the winter!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim M.

Dec 31, 2012
Falmouth, ME
3 tons of Cleanfire Pacific delivered and sracked in about 80 minutes. 1.JPG 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 5.JPG

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 104
Sweet and pics too:cool:

Reactions: smoke show
nice!!! do you usually use 3 tons a season??????
The generally accepted figure is 3-4 tons. More for a bigger home, and vice versa. The age and the amount of insulation and how "tight" the house was built factor into it too.

OOOO ok so I guess I should get 2 more pallets just to be safe. My house was built in 2003, and the house is pretty tight, it's about 2200 sq feet. I don't want to run out of pellets and be scrounging around at the end of season for pellets.:)

I don't mind the scrounging, its trying to get them over the snow banks that's a pain.

Attachments

• DSCN0224.JPG
    DSCN0224.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Been over those snow banks.................huffing and puffing!!!

OOOO ok so I guess I should get 2 more pallets just to be safe. My house was built in 2003, and the house is pretty tight, it's about 2200 sq feet. I don't want to run out of pellets and be scrounging around at the end of season for pellets.:)
Good idea. And any you don't use will always be ready for the next winter.

How come you didn't just put them in the garage with a pallet jack ? I'm assuming that's where they are in the pictures...

3 tons my not make it all the way through the winter. 4-5 tons will get me though the year. I always have one season ahead in the stash. Just grab some at a local Lowes or HD to get you through the winter. house 2000sq ft built 1967

5 for me .. its cold up here ..

Glad you have pellets. I'm willing to allow u to "bring on winter" there in Douglas,
long as I don't see it for awhile more here south of beantown. ::-)

i burned a bit over 4 1/2 ton last season. but i was burning for 8 months.
trying what i hope is a better pellet and am definitely holding out as long as i can before first burn.
i'll be very pleased if i can burn only 4 tons this season.

Last edited:
wow, you burned for eight months, I guess it was cold :):) I am soo curious to see how much money I will save this year on oil. I spent sooo much money last year and I was freezing all winter. This year I hope to have money in my pocket and be cozy warm :)

wow, you burned for eight months, I guess it was cold :):) I am soo curious to see how much money I will save this year on oil. I spent sooo much money last year and I was freezing all winter. This year I hope to have money in my pocket and be cozy warm :)

it was cold well into may and i started maybe a little early.
holding out till at least oct. 1st this year if i can.

i love the saturated heat of the stove.
no more waiting between blasts from the forced air oil and getting cold doing so.

many of us have fans set up to help distribute the heat.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...on-but-i-still-need-to-understand-why.113402/

there are more threads on fans. that's just the most recent one.

Last edited:
The date I shoot for is Oct 15th, but last year I had to "fire up" on the 6th.

Last edited by a moderator:
The room my stove will be installed in does not have a ceiling fan, I guess I could always put one in, but for the first season I want to see how it heats the house. do you have a thermostat wired to your pellet stove or not??

I had about 4 1/2 in hand at the start of the season and I used between about 3 1/2. Even though I had a ton left in March, I went out and bought a half ton more, just because they were available and part of my 'stash' was softwood I didn't want to use in mild weather!

........do you have a thermostat wired to your pellet stove or not??
Yes, I've always had one on my pellet stoves. IMO, it's the only way to go. Most of the members here that have stoves that are thermostat-ready DO use one.

Status
Not open for further replies.