Bring Wood Into The House

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a "wood room" about 15' from the stove and I'll pull a weeks worth of wood in on the weekends. My stove and the wood room are in the basement and the wood room has one wall as an exterior wall. About 3' of my block foundation is above ground level so I plan to put in a type of chute that I can open and close so I can bring the wheelbarrrel full of wood up, dump it into the chute and not have to bring the wood inside by hand.

Bring the wood in now if you'd like. It's only messy during the winter because you are moving it all the time.

We don't store wood inside the house but in the covered carport. It's easier and I find it stays drier than when it is outside on pallets with a top cover. We get a lot of rain and wind and it's dark and damp.

So I will soon be moving wood into the carport to make room for more fresh, green, wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.