Brookline Home B Cookstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pianoman8t8

Jun 20, 2017
Maine
Hi all,
The 2nd of 2 cookstove I currently have. This particular one was in use for a couple yrs about 3 yrs ago, before I swapped it out with a Hearthstone Mansfield for better heating ability in the winter. Moved the cookstove to the other side of the double-sided fireplace, into the living room. Someday plan to hook it up over there, but otherwise it's just sitting there looking pretty. LOL. Photos below are when it was in use in the kitchen. Year unknown, Brookline Home B cookstove with gas attachment on the side. 1 photo is prior to it being hooked up, with the ash pan below the oven on the floor. This one has a modern propane hookup, with pilot light behind/under the oven. A pain to reach, really. But those burners put out a ton of heat! Used one to boil some fresh apple cider a few years ago. I vented this out the rear into an insulated chimney liner, through the fireplace opening.

Also, decided to add some light to it. When standing at it cooking, it was always really dim. I got some high-temp rated conductors (600+F if I recall), porcelain/metal light sockets, and mounted the light sockets to magnets, to hold them up under the warming shelves. I really didn't want to drill any holes in it. When it was in use, the dual light switch was mounted to the fireplace hearth behind it away from the heat. Worked really well!

2017-12-09 20.14.35.jpg 2017-12-09 20.19.35.jpg 2017-12-09 20.20.44.jpg 20170623_214427 1.jpg 20171209_202026.jpg

Nice touch. Is the wiring using high temp wire in a metal jacket?