Brought home a few loads today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
Picked up the maple and ash we cut last week since it finally got cold enough to drive over the yard they were in. Took a load of ash and two loads of maple out today. Looks like another 3 loads left for another day.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361142028.720063.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361142043.561774.jpg

Sean, it would be better working if you got rid of that white stuff. Still, nice work.

Nice work. now you get to split and stack it. That F10 is sitting Purty.

Nice loads Swagler! Will you try to haul all the rounds out before you start splitting/stacking?

You are one of the few here with snow.
Makes it look more like winter where you are.

Nice loads. 8' bed?
Over 1/2 cord per trip. Good days work.
Plenty of traction on the rear tires.

Nice loads. 8' bed?
Over 1/2 cord per trip. Good days work.
Plenty of traction on the rear tires.
Yes 8' bed, loaded up full. Didn't even need 4x4 with that load on!

Reactions: ScotO
Nice loads Swagler! Will you try to haul all the rounds out before you start splitting/stacking?
Yes I'm taking Dennis's advise and waiting until later to split. I'm well ahead and will just be piling up for now.

It's not like the front tires will have any grip for the drivetrain;)

Too bad they don't make pickups with independent rear brakes

swagler85 said:
It's not like the front tires will have any grip for the drivetrain;)

Too bad they don't make pickups with independent rear brakes

Front tires just need enough ground contact for steering ;) LOL

Reactions: ScotO and Thistle

We have several feet of snow here if anyone wants to come pick it up. Makes ice fishing a lot harder not having a snowmobile.

Nice work Sean. That looks like some good progress. I have to get out there and get a few more loads. I think I have enough for next year now. But I want to get a little further ahead. And I am not doing it during bug season! ::P

Yes I'm taking Dennis's advise and waiting until later to split. I'm well ahead and will just be piling up for now.

I'm starting to get the bug for splitting but it won't be for at least 2 more weeks and then it will depend on the weather. Not sure how much we have stacked up but probably 6 cord. Would have been more but somebody showed up one day with a pickup and two big guys. Who am I? All I could do is watch them load that pickup and drive off...

That truck earned its keep for you. Nice couple of loads there.

Nothing better than an 8' bed loaded down with wood! Nice loads and looks like you've got a few hours of splitting ahead to keep you busy.

I'm starting to get the bug for splitting but it won't be for at least 2 more weeks and then it will depend on the weather. Not sure how much we have stacked up but probably 6 cord. Would have been more but somebody showed up one day with a pickup and two big guys. Who am I? All I could do is watch them load that pickup and drive off...

Dennis. This one went over my head. It does not have to be very high to do that! ;lol Please explain this to me.

Dennis. This one went over my head. It does not have to be very high to do that! ;lol Please explain this to me.

Sorry Gas. Wishlist and Pallet Pete came over one day and we loaded his pickup with some pine I had cut last December. That pine was really dry and was some good sized stuff so will work really good in the evaporator for making maple syrup. I had met Pete several times but this was the first for meeting Wishlist. I'm certain we will be meeting many times in the future. If you weren't so far away....

Hey Swagler, nice haul and nice hauler!

Picked up the maple and ash we cut last week since it finally got cold enough to drive over the yard they were in. Took a load of ash and two loads of maple out today. Looks like another 3 loads left for another day.
View attachment 94042
View attachment 94043
Beautiful load for sure,just hoping you don't cook your bearings the chevys I had S-10's every one smoked the bearings after a couple years,from heavy hauling.But your truck is a full size ,good luck and keep haulin.

Beautiful load for sure,just hoping you don't cook your bearings the chevys I had S-10's every one smoked the bearings after a couple years,from heavy hauling.But your truck is a full size ,good luck and keep haulin.
You should have seen the loads my little s10 hauled never cooked the bearings! Those little trucks where built well my 2.2l 4cyl had 217,000 on it before it started to show and I finally sold it. That was a sad day indeed. It's even more rare because I usually drive vehicles into the ground and don't sell em.

Pete

Reactions: Hickorynut
Nice loads there. I had our f-150 squatting like that a few times.

nothing like having the ol' girl "loaded to the gills".........

That's what a 'pickem up truck' is for ........good haul, buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.