Brought home some prime stuff

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mattdean1003

Jan 22, 2016
Athens, GA
Load of red oak from my awesome in laws. I split it up and left it in a pile earlier this year and am amazed at just how dry it already is. Didn't stack it up there because I kept putting off loading down my little ranger. Will get stacked later this week. They sure have been good to me. 0a4fbf9037206b32b9e2e11e32901d4a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I have some white oak that has been c/s/s for two years. It felt dry to the touch and much lighter. I split a couple of pieces and put the meter to it.....21%. Gotta wait another year. fv

Just curious, how are you storing the firewood?

The oak is stacked out in the sun and wind and split smaller than what I usually split. I put it in the direct sun because I knew how long it takes for oak to season which is 3 years minimum.

f v

I split mine smaller also because our fireplace is a prefab that came in our place were renting. Its amazing how much heat it throws off though. When we're home and it's cold the fireplace does great. 2 bedroom upstairs and everything else downstairs and it'll run you out when a bed of coals develops. The fireplace burns better with smaller splits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I have some white oak that has been c/s/s for two years. It felt dry to the touch and much lighter. I split a couple of pieces and put the meter to it.....21%. Gotta wait another year. fv

Might be ready for you by winter. Seems really close.;)