Buck Stove 94NC issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

FR9Ford

Jan 4, 2018
Farmersville, Ohio
I had this stove installed as an insert about a month ago. I think I've almost got it down to getting good hot burns, now my issue is moving air. My stove is installed into an old fireplace, and as of right now the only ceiling fan I have is in the room that houses said stove.I have my heat pump set to come on a 60 degrees, and the warmest temps i can maintain are 62-64*. The thermostat is in the corner at the back of the hallway where the master bedroom is. I've attached a crude mock up of my house layout, and it's to scale give or take a few square feet. I'm using the ceiling fan in reverse, and I have a cage fan I've attached a picture of to move air. It seems that I'm getting best heat distribution when I place the fan to the right side of the stove, and blow air down the hallway. Trying to pull cool air blowing towards the stove nets much colder results. But I want input from people who have been doing this for years. Thanks! Well i cant figure out how to add photos from my phone... give me a few

House layout

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1515088847308.jpg
    FB_IMG_1515088847308.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 168
I would try maybe a smaller fan, but on the floor near a bedroom door, try to set up a convective loop going either CW or CCW around the kitchen.

It doesnt take a lot of cfm. Just enough to encourage the coldest air on the floors of the BRs and office to flow gently CW around the kitchen towards the living room. Give it 24 hours or so.

Then move the fan past all three doors and turn it the other way to see about setting up a CCW loop.

I would try maybe a smaller fan, but on the floor near a bedroom door, try to set up a convective loop going either CW or CCW around the kitchen.

It doesnt take a lot of cfm. Just enough to encourage the coldest air on the floors of the BRs and office to flow gently CW around the kitchen towards the living room. Give it 24 hours or so.

Then move the fan past all three doors and turn it the other way to see about setting up a CCW loop.
okay, so right now i have two of those fans i posted. I have one set to the right of the stove blowing down the hallway in the "south" direction, and one at the other end od the hallway in the dining room opening blowing "north" towards the stove.