I burn pine or any other wood I get. I don't go looking for pine but if I need to cut it it's going through the stove.Is burning pine in a wood burning stove. Really that dangerous as they say ? I heard as long as it is dry it shouldn’t be a problem. My question to you is, who burns it in their wood burning stove. I want your feedback !
Green wood of any species is likely to create a lot of creosote. Pine or Fir is no different in that regard. When there is a lot of moisture being boiled off of the wood, it cools the flue gases. The creosote is created by cool flue temps, allowing the flue gases to condense on the pipe. Last year I took in an 8# split of green doug fir into the house. In 3 weeks it had shed 2# of weight. That is a lot of water.I believe what I have here up in NH is eastern white pine. It has a lot of pitch(sap) in it and I could see where that would cause a creosote problem if burned green(ish). I’ve never burned white pine exclusively but I can’t imagine it would cause problems if fully seasoned.