Burnout Stage Duration For BioWin?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
Has anybody timed there's. So far I have 13 minutes, but I didn't catch the start. One day I will, hopefully.
Signed,
Basement Dweller.

Got the whole burnout cycle just now. It was indeed 13 minutes. This is for a 110/150 set at 110.
I can return to the surface now.

Why do you ask?
13 minutes sounds normal although I have never timed mine.

It's tricky to get down in the basement at just the time it goes into burnout. :)

I rearranged my wiring and attached a relay to the fan leads so that the boiler starts with a Ranco controller set at 135, and continues to run while the fan is running until the internal boiler temperature is satisfied which turns off the demand for heat. The pump runs until the demand for heat, and fan, shuts off, which is 13 minutes after burnout starts. I used a Ranco 2 stage controller and use the second stage for the oil boiler. It works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.