Buying a house with a Vogelzang Mountaineer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. Gotta ask. What is that pad under the stove made of and is that thing sitting on carpet or what?

OK. Gotta ask. What is that pad under the stove made of and is that thing sitting on carpet or what?

It is tile but it doesn' stick out ver far in the front and doesn't go all the way to the corner in the back. I am not really sure what they were thinking with the design. I am sure they burned there carpet at some point with so little tile there. GIven the carpet has been replaced so i don't know.

I don't have a pic of mine, but it looks something like this: (sorry for the tiny pic)

Attachments

• safeT-thumb-selkirk-metal.png
    safeT-thumb-selkirk-metal.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 71
Our pipe is offset at the stove. It goes straight up about 19 feet after that and drafts well.

45_flue_offest_web.jpg T6_web.jpg

Now that I have a idea of what I want to do, what would you all recommend for a stove to put in to heat the 2000 sq ft house? I was looking at the Englander 30-NC as a possibility. I would like to keep the price below $1500. Been looking at quite a few different ones so not sure which direction to go. Going to a Home Show this weekend and the local Buck Stove store will be there so I was going to get some more ideas from them. Just wanted to see what other stoves to maybe check out of any brand. Thanks in advance.

By the way guys thanks for the pics of the off set. Now I can at least picture what the flu will look like and all. I assume that is a pretty easy install?

Really not much different than straight pipe. Just a couple more pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.